Thursday, July 26, 2012

How to Make Your Own After Sun and Burn Lotion


Aloe vera and lavender calms and heals burns. The Aloe vera is soothing and cool and the lavender just smells so good. I love to use it on my sunburns after a day in the sun.
What you need:

Aloe Vera Gel
Lavender Essential Oil
Container

Fill the container with the aloe vera gel. I buy my aloe vera gel in bulk from Eureka's local herb store.  I like to use a peri bottle as a dispenser, however the bottle top does not seal, so its not really travel friendly.  The peri bottle infuses the air with lavender, so I keep it out within easy reach of my nose.
Add the lavender essential oil. I estimate the volume of lavender based on the strenght of the fragrance.  I usually add about 40 drops to 8 oz of aloe. I will keep adding the lavender to the aloe until the smell of lavender is pleasing to me.
Shake, label and smother, you have now a burn and after sun lotion.

3 comments:

  1. Where is all this energy to do all these wonderful creations coming from? You busy little Mama you!
    Love Ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work as a fashion photographer and it is not uncommon for me or a co-worker to get burned - lights, props - anything! When these accidents happen, without hesitation, i apply Made From the Earth "Pure Aloe Vera Treatment". I keep this product on hand at all times. I went to the beach with my children and experienced the worse sun burn i have ever experienced. I fell asleep in the sun. I remembered this product was for burns and i prayed it would work... MAGIC is the best word for this product. It was soothing, fast acting, cooling, long lasting, non-greasy, non sticky.

    I went from being in tears to wearing clothes and leaving the house in 2 days.

    ReplyDelete